Poetry

12 September 2017

Old Paths, New Paths

My Old Garden 2004
You have them. Hanging on the wall, filed, or on a shelf you have images of where you've been; and, along with those pictures are the memories of those times.

I remember working in the muddy clay soil arranging those stones (see photo) for the little path off the wood deck surrounded by herbs and flowers. Sitting there felt like being on a lush green cloud. The majority of the stones are still used today as weights and decoration. Alas, the garden is gone to lawn, and the larger concrete deck. Not in the photo is a slab of slate that a garden snake use to nap on when temperatures were cooler. It is a strange experience being startled by a snake that is startled by me. Talk about oops.
The temperatures may be warmer for a few days, but it is still clear Autumn is here. Thus, it is time for winterizing, and that includes the blog. I've been trying to move to a website for years. As yet, I haven't found a template that is responsive as what Blogspot offers. In the next few weeks, I'll be on the template hunt again as I plan for the new season of blogging...and maybe a new look.
~
Pursue some path however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with reverence and love.
Henry David Thoreau, 1817 - 1862
Walden

6 comments:

  1. I keep looking for a new template too but haven't really found anything that will work. Happy searches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Loree,
      I've tried Weebly, Wix, Squarespace, and a couple others I don't remember the names of at the moment. None of them have instructions that I find clear enough for this beginner. I use PCMagazine reviews for website builders as a base reference.
      Thus far, Duda has been the easiest, by far. The first (free) template I selected, is stunning. If a template is that comfortable starting out, then upgrading to a paid level becomes more attractive to me.

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty quote to go with a gorgeous picture. What a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debra,
      The garden snakes loved it. Bug loved it. The rabbits loved it. The squirrels loved digging up the bulbs. The cats loved sitting in the leaves like they were in the forest hunting.

      Delete
  3. Lovely shot.

    I've found Blogger mostly compatible with my needs- though I despise photo captchas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello William,
      Thank you. It is one of several.
      I got caught in a revolving photo captcha last year that kept going until I quit, and left the page.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated