Poetry

27 August 2017

What Decision Do you Make When You're Undecided?

Do you keep thinking on it?
Write out a diagram?
Shelf it for another day?
Force a decision?
Toss a coin?
Ask somebody, and then decide on the opposite of their answer?
Have you ever noticed how funny the word indecisive looks?

I believe life rhythms in their various sizes have varying impact, from the smallest barely noticed, to the largest that can be so evident you might find yourself wondering why did somebody put a curse on you. Hello Karma adjustments.
A Solution
Change. A few years ago I read twice, maybe three times the number of blogs I read today. Regular reading can raise the nap of blog land to where one might notice trends. A couple of those directions, back in the day, were the why am I blogging blues, and I read yours, now read my blog. I haven't read either of those in a long time, over a year's time. Several of the blogs I read either don't post or have been deleted. I myself created new blogs, and deleted them or left them private.


To blog or not to blog isn't an easy question to answer. If you've been blogging a long time without a clear focus, then questioning why you blog is reasonable to me. Remember, its not too late to find a focus, read old posts, develop a new approach, create a side weekly blog, and then blend your talents and interests.
I made a decision to do that.


12 comments:

  1. I took a decision when I started blogging (which was originally a way of keeping friends in the other half of my New Zealand/Scotland life) that I would have no theme and no constraints apart from trying to avoid controversy. I've been very happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Graham,
      Your approach to blogging is good.
      Mine is similar, with the art thread attached.

      Delete
  2. PS I have no set method for taking decisions so, apart from tossing a coin, I would answer 'all of the above'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Graham, all of the above is the best way to go.

      Delete
  3. I think we all start asking that questions after some time. I started off with two blogs but don't have time to update both so now I'm down to one, with no particular t heme but, since the beginning of this year, have been trying to get it more structured. Still a work in progress though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Loree,
      I love your blog post about Hannibal, Missouri!

      I think Structure is the keyword to blog success. And that can mean more than one blog to keep interests separate.

      Delete
  4. I have two blogs. One about this beautiful natural world and one about my daily life. It is sort of an electronic diary and I guess that is why I blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tabor,
      Both your blogs are a joy to read.

      Delete
  5. A lot of the blogs I follow tend to be photoblogs, so it's easier to go through posts. Some bloggers I followed early on vanished into the proverbial ether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello William,
      Photo blogs are easier to go through, but just as interesting as those with text. I find instagram adds even more interest to blogging.

      Delete
  6. Dear Maywyn - this is a great post. I think many blog to share their lives with others. It is such a delight to connect with those of similar interests as well as to embrace diversity. I know my life has become much richer for having blogged and met so many wonderful people - this naturally includes you sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,
      You have created a delightful blog community that I find a pleasure to be part of.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated