Pages

Poetry

04 August 2017

Sky and Summer's Heat

Click photos to enlarge

Yesterday, there was a band of cumulus clouds over Vermont's Green Mountains,  stretching from Monkton to Middlebury, parallel to Route 7. The photographs are taken from a hiking trail parking area in Middlebury. Summer's heat put on a spectacular show in the sky.
In the 3rd photo, there is a flying bug or bird. I didn't see it when I took the picture.A dark butterfly greeted me, and then retreated into the tall grasses and wildflowers.

There are clear wings in fast motion, indicating to me it might be a small bird or even a hummingbird (not a butterfly).

10 comments:

  1. I think I can smell the fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      It was a gloriously good summer's day, lots of fresh air.

      Delete
  2. Oh Maywyn all these photos are gorgeous. You have such a wonderful way of capturing the beautiful part of your world. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Thank you. I began taking landscape photos in Ohio, way back when.
      Have a Fun Weekend!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cloud formations, gorgeous photos! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Nice Weekend to You, Celia!
      Thank you. I don't see the clouds like that very often, miles and miles of them over the mountains.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you William
      The skies have been full of wonderful cloud this past week.

      I enjoy your blog posts and photos about Canada's History.

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous! Painting from these???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      In some form, yes. The photo library needs a lot of work, my autumn project. :)

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated