Poetry

03 August 2017

A Photo Stop


Caspian Terns & Seagulls Along Lake Champlain
On the way over to New York State, I get a glimpse of birds along the shoreline, gulls, ducks and geese. On the way back, I stop to take pictures.
During my walk over from the visitor's parking lot, I kept thinking...If I walk there...I have to walk back..I'm old...this heat is horrid. Summer is half full. I have yet to go on a picnic and paint excursion. I make do with what I have.



I don't go down to the shoreline because the drop off is rather steep, and many places are without fences or barriers. All photos are taken using the zoom feature.
Caspian Terns, Seagull & Juvenile Gull, Lake Champlain Shoreline


The little flock of gulls and terns take off as I approach. Not for long though, as they soon return. I believe the brown speckled one is a seagull juvenile.

Keeping watch













6 comments:

  1. Sea gulls are so groupie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      A fun tidbit, when the adult flock flew off, the juveniles stay on the rock looking like nothing is happening.

      Delete
  2. I really like to take photos of sea gulls. They are such cheeky birds but quite photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree,
      Speaking of cheeky, I added the fun seagull on perched on the sign. He's keeping watch on a picnic table.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful captures! It's been quite awhile since I was last around Lake Champlain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William,
      Thank you. I was fortunate to be close to the water because photos of anything in the distance are hazy blue due to the heat.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated