Pages

Poetry

09 July 2017

Thunder Full Moon 9 July 2017

Waxing Gibbous Moon, 97% Full Moon, 9 July 2014
Vergennes, Vermont, 10:30 PM EST digital photo

 The July Full Moon is also known by the Algonquin name, Full Buck Moon, when deers' new velvety antlers begin to appear; Salmon Moon in the Pacific Northwest Tlinglit people; Ripe Corn Moon, Cherokees; Hay Moon by the early American colonists; and other names in countries around the World.

Above is one of my best Moon photographs taken three years ago. Will tonight's photograph be as sharp? Looking back over the years posting pictures of the Moon, I think my best Moon pictures are taken in the summer months. Atmospheric conditions along with the position of the Moon, I suspect might be the reasons. That poses more questions because there is more moisture in the air in the warmer months than in the cold months. The atmosphere is clearer of light obstacles/moisture in winter. Google Ho! As my brain wagons roll into another Internet learning experience.

Googling a Moon photography question, I chose an article on  www.wired.com as the easiest to read, and for me, understand. Coincidentally, the article is dated the same year, 2014, as my Moon photo posted here. You can find the Moon photography tips article on this link:

WTF Just Happened: Why Can't I Take a Decent Picture of the Moon? by Tim Moynihan


Update...Last night, when I was awake to look, the sky is overcast. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. My moon photographs never turn out like this! We have been enjoying watching the moon too. I will check out your link and hopefully I will have better pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Celia,
      I hope the sky over Rome is clear during the full moon.
      Have a wonderful week

      Delete
  2. I have found getting me and the moon and the weather all in the correct place at the same time is no easy matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham,
      Have a wonderful week

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated