03 July 2017

Things to Do


Four Leaf Clover, 20th Century non fiction book

Learn a language
I watch foreign television shows with subtitles so much, sometimes I find myself wanting to speak a language I don't know how to speak. It's weird sensing that new frontier, and amusing.

Read
The paper book connection is part of the era I belong to that I hope doesn't fade. Old books of non fiction can be entertaining.

Computer games
Easy games that require hand to eye coordination, memory skills, and goes against a clock. Try Bookworm, Jewel Quest, Mahjong, and brain skill games

Dream Travel
It doesn't hurt to dream a vacation. Learning about new places can be inspiring.

Be Outdoors
Even when I don't feel like it, and just sit there.

12 comments:

  1. Your wisdom is very useful. I think these are wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tabor
      Have a Happy 4th of July!

      Delete
  2. Dear Maywyn - all of these sound like great things to do. Mahjong is a game I am known to play. Always for sure whenever possible I am outdoors. It makes me feel so much better. Have a beautiful fourth of July. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big Yes! to being outdoors! The moments - or hours - spent outdoors just being, not doing, can be very nourishing. And healing. And inspiring. You know - all the good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn,
      I hope you had a nice 4th of July.

      Delete
  4. Although I try and keep my French alive my reading over the last year has been almost non-existent. I do like my WWF (Scrabble) and crosswords though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham,
      Scrabble and crosswords are good brain exercise.
      I found the computer scrabble games can be off, as in fail to recognize some real words.

      Delete
    2. That's what I have found as well. But then they sometimes allow combinations of letters that I have never been able to find in a dictionary.

      Delete
    3. I've seen that as well. It's always best to play with a real board and people.

      Delete
  5. Great ideas Maywyn. I love watching movies in original language too. A lot of character is lost when movies are dubbed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celia,
      Your watercolor, "Cellist," is outstanding!
      I agree, movies that are dubbed aren't as good as those in the original language.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated