22 June 2017

The Quest for Green



Yesterday the big fluffy clouds casting shadows over the Adirondack Mountains is stunning. The cerulean blue sky is a bonus as most of the heavens are ultramarine blue. Alas, a place to stop and take photographs isn't easy to find or safe to stop in many cases. Notice as I drive is all that's safe to take in. The picture above is from a parking area, zoom to a favorite little mountain to the left of Lead Hill, Route 7, Ticonderoga, New York. Upstate New York to me is part of New England with as much mystery, beauty, and hearth warming inspiration.

My Plein Air Project: The Hazy Greens of Summer will be more fun knowing the landscapes to sketch and paint. The bright greens spread among the darker tints makes the forest appear more lush and magical. On the way home, I made a mental note to always keep a sketch pack with me, chair, art supplies, water, food, and such.

12 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful friend. Amazing sky as well as the perfect shades of green - thanks for sharing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      The clouds casting shadows over the trees was spectacular yesterday!
      I hope the sky over has been interesting as well.
      Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your art of greens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      I'm looking forward to seeing my art as well. :)
      Have a wonderful weekend

      Delete
  3. I have difficulties with green. Why? Because there is so much of it. That may sound strange. It probably is strange to an artist. As I write this I am looking at my garden and the surrounding hills and there are very many greens but to me they are a background merging into one amorphous colour against which and from which all the other colours gain their strength.

    I prefer autumn. There are fewer greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham,
      Too much of it...Thus the interest in greens.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful greens of nature...always interesting to mix the paint and try and capture all those shades. Happy weekend Maywyn.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,
      A Happy Weekend to You!
      I'll be painting this weekend, and with luck from the rains, outdoors.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty. You must show us the art that comes of this photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      I have other photos of the same little mountain to arrange a painting using the colors this June. Studying trees through the seasons feels like anatomy study.
      Have a Wonderful Weekend!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful, lush shades of green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorrie,
      The sun is a great enhancer of trees.
      Have a fun weekend!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated