15 June 2017

Fluffy Puppy Cloud

As best I can tell the clouds in the photograph are cumuliform clouds, formed in a vertical direction, better known as cumulus clouds. This particular formation group, methinks, is the best for cloud watching, seeing shapes, dreaming stories. Do you see the fluffy puppy center left?
The sunlight that afternoon, just after 3 PM EDT, is in a perfect position to shine magical light on the clouds. The sight in person was breath taking. It is no wonder why our ancient ancestors put so much of the above into their myth creations.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not very good at seeing shapes in things if they don't hit me straight away. Nor can I remember what that is called. However I live with big skies and love clouds just for themselves. That's one reason I'd not like to live in a city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham,
      The biggest change from city to countryside for me is the amount of sky. The ability to make faces out of shapes is called Pareidolia. Reading the explanation gives me a headache of sorts. lol
      Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I do! And Sam the American Eagle from the muppets on the absolute left and a pterodactyl in flight centre right! Not that I love looking at clouds and seeing images - but I do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat,
      The Muppets is a yes. I see that now, and the pterodactyl.
      Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  3. I don't see it, but I am sure if I was beside you, I would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      Your blue bird posts make me smile.
      Center on the very edge of my photo in a shaggy puppy.
      Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful picture...I love looking at clouds!
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,
      Thank you. The clouds that afternoon were made for day dreaming.
      A Happy Weekend to you as well!

      Delete
  5. I see the puppy!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,
      Clouds have been magnificent this week.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated