26 June 2017

Cumulonimbus Cloud Fascination

Curmudgeon's in development
Clouds being clouds

Without zoom, Baby elephant and hound
I figure it this way, the fascination with cumulonimbus clouds is akin to the cathedral symbolism of being closer to the magnificence of God. There is Power in those clouds. Their scale alone can be overwhelming in providing a sense of place in existence. I believe there is nothing on Earth that can replicate the awe of a tall cumulonimbus cloud.
Baby Elephant and Hound

To the right/west of the above photos

8 comments:

  1. Dear Maywyn beautiful shots of those clouds. I have really noticed that our heavens have been extremely lovely as well. Nothing quite like a great summer sky. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie
      Some of the clouds are so tall, it feels like being in a Science Fiction film. lol

      Delete
  2. I'm just looking out of the window where I'm visiting (near Glasgow in Scotland) and I just wish that, instead of grey and more grey, I could see those wonderful clouds of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, Graham, there's no vacuum I know of that I can use to put the clouds in a box to ship you a few. Give the sky time. I'm sure there will be some in Scotland as well.

      Delete
  3. We have had a bunch here as well. It usually means big changes in temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      I think a low front moved in over the mid Atlantic and Northeastern United States recently. Temperatures have dropped here in Vermont at this lower elevation.

      https://weather.com/maps/currentusweather

      Delete
  4. Hasn't it been a relief to actually see a blue sky once in a while? Even if the rain comes back in the evening...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn,
      Yes, any bit of blue sky is welcome. Yesterday I realize how much less I have to water the plants.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated