Pages

Poetry

20 June 2017

Busy June Sky

I'm thinking the cloud is a Cumulonnimbus Calvus, in the billowing stage, not yet tall enough to be a Thunderhead or produce rain. There may be rain in the far distance under the cloud. The heavens have plenty of others letting go in downpours in the near Lake Champlain side of Vermont today. The photograph is looking East over the Green Mountains towards Bristol, Vermont from New Haven, Vermont.
I see a lot of  paws and no faces.
Below is the photograph without zoom.
Cumulonimbus, 20 June 2017, New Haven, Vermont looking east to the Green Mountains
Clouds formations right of Cumulonimbus clouds posted above, (Looking Southeast)

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cloud formations. I haven't taken photos of clouds in a while. Well, there aren't many around at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree,
      Wishing you nice clouds to take pictures of
      The sky around here has been filled with various clouds, and some rain.

      Delete
  2. You're right in that it is a really busy sky (too busy for a landscape photograph) but it's also a beautiful sky. I feel a healthy warmth just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham,
      I'd take the best clouds to paint, leaving the other stuff out.

      Delete
  3. I love those clouds!!! I particularly liked the first shot that was zoomed in. Lovely layers and textures of fluffy clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,
    Thank you. Along the Route 7 corridor, it can be difficult to find a place to stop to take pictures. Its good to remember that when a cold front comes through, there may be lots of cloud activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. sure looks like June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra
      It finally feels like June.

      Delete
  6. Oh Maywyn - I so love your photos of those gorgeous clouds. Hope you are having a great first day of summer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie, for reminding me it's the first day of summer!
      I forgot until I read your comment.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos, Maywyn!

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated