Pages

Poetry

19 May 2017

Extra Mileage When Time Flies?

I think not after looking at email inboxes. When emails pile up, I click on delete all, and then un-click the titles I want to read. I've been away from the Internet more than usual doing several projects.  In the spring, furniture has to be moved for the air conditioner air flow, and that combine with regular chores and the heat means increased relax time. Then, sitting down to finish up that last art project turns into starting another.
Triptych 2nd section in progress

Cleaning up the debris from that piece turns into starting the third section. At that time, I find there's no leather left. I will have to faux paint the leather on the third section on decoupaged tissue. (The daisy fabric will be removed.) As I look around, I find other projects while more time away from computer turns into over a hundred emails. Comparing that to the reduced stuff creating more space, and giving me more creative ideas, the clear winner is being away from the computer. Mind you, I'm using a Will Do List that has no mention of a computer except to buy an old style mouse.

8 comments:

  1. That is the trouble with computers. They keep on receiving stuff when you are gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      Its a mystery why there isn't an easy way to stop emails.
      The vacation mode makes no sense to me given the safety concern, as in don't tell the world you are away from home.

      Delete
    2. Maybe there could be an auto message about arthritis acting up being unable to use the computer for a week or so??

      Delete
    3. The problem with emails is they have one goal in life, to be delivered. There are auto messages for out of the office and such. I'm not sure how that works. I'm guessing the email will still be there.

      Delete
  2. May~These art pieces are extraordinary. I wouldn't have changed anything on this one-but of course, you must be the final judge. I hope you will pursue the gallery idea-these are truly lovely-and you have found a niche in your art-I can't say enough about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      Thank you.
      One of the best things about found object art is the messy bits of stuff all over the place, almost like being a kid again. I hope you have some fun trying it out.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I feel like we are becoming slaves to our computers. We are on them almost all the time. It's sad really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree,
      I agree, it is sad.
      I believe a false sense of togetherness is largely the problem, not logging on equals not calling a love one on their birthday.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated