05 May 2017

Blooming Trees and Allergy

 Getting out of the car is a must to capture the scale of the landscape of Spring trees blooming in the Upstate New York Adirondack Mountains. I took a few photos in the car before getting out. The grass is a vibrant green (note lower right corner). It's only at this time of year can these colors and shapes can be seen in a short window of time. Warm temperatures speed up the process.

 Edited photo to bring out the detail and various shades off green
Farther away, the flat light is more evident before editing the picture.
Allergy wise, yesterday was a monster. No weather air quality report needed to know that. As soon as  drive from flat fields to lots of trees, the eyes water and itch, and the sinus fill up as the throat croaks. I don't take allergy medicine and drive. I prefer to wait for when I don't have to go anywhere. Today the rain will burst open the pollen making allergy symptoms worse,
known as thunderclap asthma.

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear-so sorry! I don't suffer from that-but I sympathize!
    I am going to ask my brother if I can dig up a baby lilac from the bush. The ones I have now are all transplants from the house I lived in just prior to this home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,
      Replanting lilacs from old ones is a wonderful tradition. Put a few in a planter to give as a gift to relatives.
      Have a fun weekend!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad I do not have allergies other than hay fever in the fall. It can really compromise your getting out and about. Beautiful spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tabor,
      Your post about time is good reading, and thinking incentive. I look forward to your photos when those bluebird eggs hatch.
      Have a fun weekend!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! I am so sorry to hear of allergies. I don't have any known allergies, thankfully. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda
      Lovely links you posted this week. I look forward to your each post/

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated