26 April 2017

Richter Scale Day

Richter Scale  developed in the 1930s

Reading the Wikipedia article can be either fascinating or not. Not everyone feels the joy of measurement devices. I feel they have an ancient like allure, Steampunk pluck, a treasure (to be able to collect), and discovery chic. Alas, I have no room for a Seismograph.
On the left column is a link to the USGS Earthquake Maps' page. Geology is one of my interests, and the Richter scale is tops in that regard along with the telescope.
Plume Moth


Life can feel as if it is on a Richter scale measurement. Little things go ten times what they were on other days, years, and ages.

For your celebration happiness...a close up of the Plume Moth.

6 comments:

  1. I thought we called them May flies here...oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      The Mayfly have wings that are more substantial than the thin winged plume moth, and a tail the plume moth doesn't have. The plume moth looks like dry grass. If it hadn't moved, then I wouldn't have thought otherwise.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I cold barely see it it's so well camouflaged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree,
      Shopping for the lavender cake you blogged the recipe for is on my shopping list. Thank you again
      Happy Baking!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful image! And I love your profile pic, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda
      I'm edging towards a real portrait. lol
      Have a happy weekend!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated