22 April 2017

Antlers, Foil and April Showers

Overcast. Rain. Chilly. April has been April.
And just after April's adorable baby giraffe is finally born, a great moment of joy and celebration, the cam is shut down. After all that attention, the prize being taken away feels like a door slammed in the face.
April has been one of those months. A way to push through it, is to pick up and create something. Thus, the faux deer is back on the table. The antlers aren't as easy as I thought they would be. I didn't anchor them well. In other words, they can flop over making the deer look like a bull. The aluminum foil is fantastic. I wish I had used it in the armature phase.
The lawn is green and growing, beautiful in the rain, vibrant and refreshing.
This morning a pair of socks on the floor...instead of picking them up, I slid on them to the laundry hamper like I was cross country skiing. I wrote a poem about it. Yes, I do believe I need sunlight.

6 comments:

  1. You make me smile!!! If you wrap the antlers with that plaster wrap stuff, you can anchor them to the head and they won't flop at all. You can get that stuff at JoAnn's or Michael's. Just saw it today. I've used it a lot and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! You are an inspiration and a problem solver.
      I remember now reading on your blog something about that stuff. I will buys some this week. It will be easier to use than the plaster mixing method I planned to use. I didn't think that layer will anchor the antlers until reading your comment. You've saved me tons of work.

      Delete
  2. I think the faux deer is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree
      Hopefully, it will be in the final stage before week's end.
      Have a creatively beautiful week!

      Delete
  3. Your faux deer is looking good! Wishing you a great week ahead Maywyn.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen
      Your photos of blues and the tea cozy from your friend are lovely.
      Happy Gardening!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated