20 March 2017

Spring Equinox, Thoughts, and a Photo

Summer Trees, edited with Sepia feature

Happy First Day of Spring!
It has been a rough few weeks from pre-blizzard  to now being empty of energy so bad it was like having the flu without the symptoms. I call it the Sofa Marathon. I won. Barely. Gradually the days brought me more strength to realize it has been over two weeks dealing with it. Last night the dark chocolate bar unopened on the kitchen counter, out there in the open for almost two days, created one of those moments when I wonder if this is what being dead is like...wondering if it happened without my knowing until just then because a chocolate bar unopened doesn't happen in my life time. When a person becomes older, close to 70 years +/-, I think preparation for the end of life thoughts, run in the background. Clearing out junk and shredding old papers is the new hobby du jour.
Leaving finish artwork instead of in progress becomes more important. Dealing with depression interrupts the pace I believe in as reasonable. Thus, it takes imagination to find ways to build the momentum to create finished paintings. Aha! Blogging is fairly consistent. Why not try a blog that's for artwork only? Good idea? Sure. It is a good idea, like the painted banner I bogged myself down with so far it has yet to be done. The projects build up, and there is no shredder solution. Editing photographs is a way of soothing disappointment. I think artists need to see images they feel good about, inspire them, provide a sense of value. The photograph posted here does that for me.

10 comments:

  1. While not a true artist, I have the soul of an artist. I love creating light and shadow and tone from an idea in my mind, and even when it fails, I still loved the process. I agree that we think about tying up things before the end more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tabor,
      I think of you as an artist. I believe your soul is that of an artist. Your photographs are proof you are an artist.

      Delete
  2. Dear Maywyn - this photo is truly beautiful. I so get the idea about getting things finished. I am only 60 but it seems with each passing year one is more aware of how temporary each life becomes. So glad for the first day of spring though - hope is precious and this certainly brings more vitality and energy. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,
      Measuring most everything against the dead line isn't fun. So when I shred stuff, I immerse myself in feeling free like first day of a long vacation.

      Delete
  3. It is a very beautiful photo. The sepia tone reminds me of the sand storms that will be part of our spring days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Loree,
      Thank you.
      You live in such a beautiful place, spring must be magical.

      Delete
  4. When I am awake in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning - typical, and usually pain-related - I sometimes go through daily folders of digital images on my computer and either tag or delete them. It is very pleasing to see good images again, and very satisfying to delete others by the dozen. I often tag and/or delete a couple hundred images in a session, which makes the unchosen wakefulness feel productive after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Quinn,
      Going through photo folders takes longer than it feels in real time.

      Blogger now has Archive photographs with a delete feature, that wasn't there when they switch to Google photos from Picasa. I deleted over a hundred already. Thus, the grey no picture sign is showing up where some photos use to be. The program keeps every picture whether it is posted or not with no way to tell as in lots of spares to delete.

      Delete
  5. I always thought you were a professional artist, you have such an artistic eye. Yes, we do have to deal with different things in different stages of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny,
      I'm flattered, thank you. I hope the day will be when I am a professional artist. I blush.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome