16 February 2017

Going Green in Small Ways

Aurora plate by Noritake, various utensils, peanut butter on wheat

Less water and detergent is needed to wash a butter knife and pickle fork. After a few trips to the peanut butter jar, knives can pile up. Thrift stores are a good source to find utensils to put in a cute jar on your counter. Wash, dry and put back after use. The pickle forks are great for snacking on a bowl of fresh fruit.A thrift stores is good for other things as well. The Noritake salad plate(s) are an example.


Do you have small ways of going green?

8 comments:

  1. That Noritake plate is so pretty! I always like looking in thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,
      I love your escalator video. I could watch it for hours. :)
      I bought 4 each salad and bread and butter plates. Only two have nicks. I missed the dinner plates literally by minutes.

      Delete
  2. I purchase old wool garments from the Goodwill for sewing the clothing on my needle felted animals. I've found some wonderful patterned jackets and skirts which I cut into pieces and often dye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeri,
      The attention to detail in your work shows as your animals and art are stunning.
      I'm using old purse leather to make a coat for a corn husk doll. I will have a thimble handy for sure.

      Delete
  3. The plate is really pretty. It's amazing what you will find in thrift stores. I was never a fan until I started reading blogs and realised that people thrift all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree,
      Thrifting is like finding buried treasure. I hope you find lots of neat things.

      Delete
  4. I love the forks. They would make a lovely painting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      I think there's a utensil for nearly every food there is. They are especially neat to collect because the tine shapes vary.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated