02 January 2017

Reflection Monday January 2017

Saturday
Saturday was hair curler day to prepare for church on Sunday. My jacket and pants are corduroy hand me downs (note big cuffs). I was a fairly happy child unaware at three years of what poor meant. I know poor. Poverty is my strongest skill. At three years I was a fairly happy child, silly, skinny, easily amused, picky, and stubborn. On that day I received my first small pox vaccination.  The second, from the same doctor's office, was when I first went off to college.  The food we ate, mostly out of the ground, was rarely out of a box except for oatmeal. I remember on the back porch dandelions greens soaking in ice water. They were in a tub ice box like the kind in stores where they keep the cold tonic (soda also in ice water).

In 2017 reflecting on the positive times in our lives is more important than ever. I think we need that positive support from within our hearts as we pray for Peace.

8 comments:

  1. You look happy....loved reading your memories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      I recall the day as being very happy except for the needle issue. lol
      A doctor's visit always meant candy afterward.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and delightful photo! And hearing your memories brings back fond memories of my own childhood. Thank you so much for sharing, and Happy New Year to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      Happy New Year!
      Reading you blog starts the year out happier. :)

      Delete
  3. WHat a sweet photo. Thanks for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree,
      I forgot to add how dirt and I in those days were besties. lol
      Wishing you a wonderful year!

      Delete
  4. If you have food and shelter and love you are not poor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      There is no dish, roof or any amount of love that erases poverty. It is what it is. The wealth of the soul is a different matter.

      Wishing you a wonderful year!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome