24 January 2017

Icy and Sleet


This morning with great determination I went outdoors three times to take photographs of the ice. The final time I did wear a coat as the sleet snow is falling fast and the wind is stronger. The air I know does enter into how well pictures will turn out. I am not a trained photographer nor have I studied the skill beyond trying to figure out a camera. I have been given good instructions from a photographer on how to use one of my cameras. Alas, that doesn't carry over to everything else. And that will send this person outdoors more than once in lousy weather to retake pictures that don't turn out as well as they look on the LCD camera screen. For example, the photo above is one out of about a dozen on two sessions. If there wasn't so much sleet on the ground, and I was younger as in not afraid of falling, then I would have walked right under that branch instead of using the zoom.
There is more than a dozen icicle photos with what look like crystal formations inside to chose from. I hope they remain the same because I will be back outdoors later to take more photos in the brighter light than the dull of today's dawn.
One of the last of the original white pine trees (about 20 feet tall) planted in the landscape hedgerow over twenty years ago has broken branches on the ground early in the day. I suspect they fell during the icy night.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. The second one is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree,
      Thank you. The shapes inside the icicle are a surprise.
      Wishing you a good week!

      Delete
  2. It is addictive this desire to stop time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      That's a beautiful way to think about it.
      I hope you are warm and safe from all the ice.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda!
      Icy weather means indoors and hot chocolate!

      Delete
  4. The photos are lovely-I loved the comment about stopping time-marvelous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      Thank you. There's a bright planet in the western sky tonight. Take a look if you have clear skies.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome