22 January 2017

Faux Deer Progress

Progress on the faux deer with antlers from Christmas...

Adding the tissue layers, be sure to glue the tissue from deer to the backer board for stability.



The antlers will be roughed in when I remember to buy the aluminum foil. I did enjoy the Snow Caps I bought as I was looking around trying to remember (the last item on the list I didn't write out.) Snow caps...mountain peak...top...antlers on top of deer head...ah the old brain at work. hehe

Felt ears will be added before the last layer of tissue is applied, and the color of the finished deer is decided.



Towards the end of the tissue layers, it's a good idea to rough in the features. The deer may look like a cow at the moment, but that's better than Fido the dog it resembled before the markings.

10 comments:

  1. Very interesting to see your progress! And now I'm craving SnoCaps ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn,
      I'm also progressing/being neater. lol
      After the SnowCaps, try Junior Mints spread out through the day. Also, I recommend using a spoon with the SnowCaps to get out the last of the candy bits.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to watching his all come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      Your sunset photograph is one of the most stunning I've seen.

      The faux deer should go faster because the tissue doesn't take as long to dry as thicker paper.

      Delete
  3. You're making good progress. I think it already looks a lot like a deer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree
      I've begun shaping the antlers this week. Instead of foil, I'm using freezer paper and tape.

      Delete
  4. It is going to look great, I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celia,
      Its messy but fun. I hope you give it a try.

      Delete
  5. Tissue-great idea. I've been wanting to see your progress on the deer. It will be ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freezer paper is working well with tape for the antlers.For some reason, at night instead of TV is the time that's most enjoyable to work on it.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated