09 January 2017

Does Your Blog Feel Like a Sofa?

After reading the news and visiting websites, when you return to your blog front page, does it feel like a sofa? Have the cozy relaxing end of the day taking a rest homey vibe? Do you have a welcoming sense because your page looks good or because you are familiar with your blog?

My blog has gone through an unknown amount of changes over the years. I didn't keep a record or print out the first page for most of them. The banners are in folders. There are a lot of those. The new banner, a watercolor of mine, is taking far too long. This week the main task for this blog is to paint and/or draw a banner.
A January Sunset 2017

In the meantime, I'm looking for new music to paint by. In a painting course another student brought in music that is perfect for painting. I recall it's a cross between jazz and folk instrumental. The experience of painting and music is not merely listening and doing. It is imprinting the sounds onto  a plane of concentration where the brush and paint blend their own musical notes.
Here are a few considerations:


Blue Note - Blue Funk [Various Artists]

Pink Floyd The Endless River

Kitaro - Mercury

9 comments:

  1. My blog feels like it needs a change. I have had the same background forever and would like a cleaner look but I am too busy or too lazy (not sure which) to just do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lorre,
      I love your background, a blog face of a friend vibe.
      It's interesting to read the comparison between Blogger vs. Wordpress.

      Delete
  2. Dear Maywyn - what a great thought about our blog being like a comfy sofa. I am not sure mine is but I certainly enjoy yours. Music is a necessary part of my painting process and it is nice to read that it is with you as well. Hope you are having a super day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,
      Have a super week!
      The wind is hollowing outside with gusts that are stronger than any I remember. Painting today will be fun with hot chocolate by my side.

      Delete
  3. I used to listen to music during the hours and hours and hours I spent in the darkroom. Memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Quinn,
      Your watercolor color of Piper is quite good. I hope you post more of your artwork.
      Have a memorable week! Watch those branches if it's windy there.

      Delete
    2. A belated thank you for the compliment!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photo!!! I do feel comfortable on my blog, and this is why I have a darker colour for the background, I just find it easier on my eyes than the white screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      Your blog looks wonderful.
      Thank you. The sunset colors were the most vibrant I've seen them recently...when I see then that is. :)

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated