03 January 2017

2017 Year of Determination to Achieve

Being organized, having the ingredients, all the information, the instructions with material list helps insure success. If those things aren't there, then like my faux deer head project, there can be discoveries that disrupt the flow, and, can even end it. (I have lots of unfinished paintings to support that.) I'm calling 2017 (my) Year of Determination to Achieve. That focus will be my guide into the future.
Start of a lampshade make over
The other morning I look at the little lamp bought at a thrift shop over twenty years ago that I fixed up with paint and rewiring. The lampshade trim is shabby. I see this every day. So I pull the trim off, wash the lampshade in the sink, let it dry, and then begin making a pattern to recover it. The fabric panels are all cut out, and waiting for glue and new trim.
Saturday is handicraft day, and will feature the lampshade make over. A small exercise in determination to achieve something that is finished is a success.  It's been messy with the faux deer in the way, but so far so good.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! That's positive thinking and you'll get results from that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      Results are developing. :) Thank you for the encourage once again to show my artwork more. I admit to being very timid about it.

      Delete
  2. Wish you were next door as I could learn a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      You're brilliant as you are, Tabor.
      This new determination focus is teaching me. lol

      Delete
  3. Ah Maywyn - this looks like a wonderful project. Also I think I need to join you in your determination to finish up some projects that have been hiding in my closet. May 2017 bring you many blessings friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessing and hugs to you Debbie.
      I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you needed a plan and you made one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn,
      The work you put into your animals and farm is amazing as well as inspirational. I'm sure the responsibility of tending your goats as you do is an incentive for me to do more. So now all my unfinished projects are my herd. lol

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated