29 December 2016

What Ingredients Be There in 2017?


Every holiday has traditions that define what those days mean to a person. The December holidays mean sweets of all sorts. Sugar cookies are one such confection that goes with Santa, snowflakes and reindeer. I planned to, but changed my mind about baking this year. Thus, yesterday I bought discount sugar cookies in a package without my usual reading the ingredients. There must have been a lot of soy oil in them because the afternoon was sofa time feeling totally lousy. It is a reminder to be careful...Read the label ingredients!
Enters the picture the 2017 New Years Resolution question, Will you or won't you make resolutions?  Yes, I will starting with focusing on never forgetting to read food labels.
Reading last year's list is a sad moment for me because the goals were high, and doing them is a none done level. Perhaps, methinks, its the way we view what a resolution needs to be. Lofty? Sure. Hope is good. Determination is admirable. Being in control builds confidence. This year the emphasis is on the plain old do-able resolutions.
Thinking Spring during a snow storm
Not in Order of Importance
  • Read All Food labels, and research to understand what I read
  • Room Air filter with permanent HEPA filter
  • Small step ladder instead of using a chair
  • Emergency pack home and vehicle
  • Radio & audio books to sew and paint by
  • Learn a new language 
  • Exercise to be fit and slim
  • Read a political article once a week to remind me how good it feels to not have pursued that political science major 
Are you making New Year's resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo and I really like your list! I don't do resolutions...however, what I do plan to do, beginning January 1st, 2017, is to write down everything good that happens during the year, as it happens. I will store these papers in a large jar. And at the end of the year I will open it and read all the good things that happened in 2017. :) Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Linda!
      Thank you for all the work you put into your blog to help uplift people's spirits.

      Your good things jar is a wonderful idea!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated