Every holiday has traditions that define what those days mean to a person. The December holidays mean sweets of all sorts. Sugar cookies are one such confection that goes with Santa, snowflakes and reindeer. I planned to, but changed my mind about baking this year. Thus, yesterday I bought discount sugar cookies in a package without my usual reading the ingredients. There must have been a lot of soy oil in them because the afternoon was sofa time feeling totally lousy. It is a reminder to be careful...Read the label ingredients!
Enters the picture the 2017 New Years Resolution question, Will you or won't you make resolutions? Yes, I will starting with focusing on never forgetting to read food labels.
Reading last year's list is a sad moment for me because the goals were high, and doing them is a none done level. Perhaps, methinks, its the way we view what a resolution needs to be. Lofty? Sure. Hope is good. Determination is admirable. Being in control builds confidence. This year the emphasis is on the plain old do-able resolutions.
|Thinking Spring during a snow storm|
- Read All Food labels, and research to understand what I read
- Room Air filter with permanent HEPA filter
- Small step ladder instead of using a chair
- Emergency pack home and vehicle
- Radio & audio books to sew and paint by
- Learn a new language
- Exercise to be fit and slim
- Read a political article once a week to remind me how good it feels to not have pursued that political science major