01 December 2016

Hand-Eye Coordination

Commentary on ways to improve hand-eye coordination


In art, drawing depends on the coordination of hand-eye. As a child, I was lost between looking at the subject and what the pencil or crayon is doing on the paper. I also had a dyslexic thing going on to deal with. Making the connection, building that relationship between knowing and controlling what my hand does through my brain is still on going.
Without practice, the skill suffers. For example, years ago playing the BBC Sheep Dash, 90% of the time I score Bobbing Bobcat, and on good days Rocketing Rabbit. Today, I always score sluggish snail as in tag zero sheep. What happened? Well, comparing back then 7+/- years, it goes like this...I don't draw daily. I rarely play Jezzball. I don't engage enough time in activity that requires hand-eye concentration. Its a classic case of don't use=you lose.
Tell me, how do I look?

Tips to consider for Improving hand-eye coordination:
  • Draw daily free and easy pencil sketches on newsprint
  • Create a bean bag toss on a small scale
  • Play online games like Jewel Quest
  • Play Jezzball (I use to score very high levels.) 
  • Go outdoors and play catch  with a person
  • Learn to play the piano
  • Sewing arts...fabric, yarn, floss

Challenge...Play sheep dash a few times; write down your score. After using one of the tips above for a couple of weeks, play sheep dash again to record your progress.

2 comments:

  1. Now I am always in need of activities to improve my hand and eye coordination. Drawing daily from life really helps me. Thanks for great ideas. Have a super day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Super Day to you!
      I'm giving daily drawing a go.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated