25 November 2016

Winter Colors in Vermont


The photograph above is taken just after 5 PM EDT from a stop along Route 7 in New Haven, Vermont. That afternoon bits of pink shone through spaces in the cloud cover. On the southeastern horizon I see over the field and farther winter sky colors I've painted many times. Alas, I have none of those paintings to post here. Since I was a child, sunrises and sunsets have been my go to landscapes. Yet, none hang on my own walls.
If you walk across that plowed field, then you will hear the crunch of frozen snow differently than the notes through the dry snowy grasses. Cold landscapes are about sound as much as they are about color, form, and space. And as if we need to give back, play a jam session with Nature, poetry rises out of such moments whether we write our heart words on paper or on memory.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful words and picture....I love the wintry skies.
    Happy weekend Maywyn.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,
      Thank you. Happy Weekend to you!

      Delete
  2. Ah! Can almost imagine myself there. Thanks for this. Good to be outside in the fresh air, even if only in the imagination....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,
      Great post today of Japan!
      My brain is still swirling. The artwork is wake me up dynamic.

      Delete
  3. Truely said. The quiet of winter is the contrast for the crunchy snow and the rush of wind. Not yet here....waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tabor,
      It won't be long. :)
      Warmer here today despite looking so dreary dark. No wind makes it nice.

      Delete
  4. A lovely post. Beautiful writing as well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra
      You have such a lovely yard. I hope you are getting out there for a walk about.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome