20 November 2016

Sculpture: Got Wire?

Pretty coated steel wire
I do.
On the beach at Cape Cod over sixty years ago I sculpted a face in the sand at low tide. I remember looking amazed at how my small hands so easily made a sand face. I felt a moment of, "I can do this." Its a rich moment of awareness that I have Value. What happened that I'm not a sculptor? I am sort of in a small kind of way because I do create small sculptures, and once a large one for sculpture 101. 

The questions remain ... Why do we let fade a beautiful childhood epiphany? How do we weave our lives away from things we love to do? What is it about growing up that takes us on paths that aren't always Feng shui with our soul's decor? There is a philosophy, I'm sure, that answers these questions. At the moment, my brain doesn't have any bells ringing to remind me of a name.

However, at the thrift store last week I did hear a gentle high tide returning as I see the beautiful turquoise green wire on the shelf for two dollars. I have no idea what its used for. I have images in my mind as well as real sketches for Will Do Someday. It makes sense to buy the wire. I'm thinking of the four foot sculpture in my brain for over ten years. For more inspiration, I Google, wire sculptures. Wow!


Note: If Blogger isn't glitchy today, then the font should be Normal Georgia.  In preview its tiny. To fix the problem, I have to go into HTML and change each as in All code small and x small to Normal. Why Blogger mixes up the font sizes is a mystery to me.

10 comments:

  1. My blog has been removed from other blogroll...at least the updates have. Very glitchy and makes me feel so disconnected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tabor,
      Sorry to read you're experiencing glitches as well. I hope by now they're resolved. Have a connected to happiness week!

      Delete
  2. Go for it May can't wait to see what you make love and Happy Thanksgiving, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving Diana!
      Your bird watercolors are beautiful. Happy Art Shows!

      Delete
  3. That's a very beautiful colour. I am sure you can turn it into something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Loree,
      Depending on the light, the color goes from vibrant blue to green. I have one sketch so far. The wire is very stiff, and will have to be bent carefully. :)
      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. That wire is a lovely colour. As for Blogger, it's just a clunky old, old, old system and it's always messing everything. I can't change the colours on my blog, they come out totally at random.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny,
      The wire color also shimmers.
      In the Template Designer, finding the right color shade isn't easy. I look at an online HTML Color Code chart, and use that code in the box on Blogger. I think maybe not all templates allow color changes. I like the Simple template because it has the most flexibility for what I want.
      Have a Fantastic Week!

      Delete
  5. Now I know why I'm not getting your blog feed-you've changed your url and I didn't know about it! So I'll add you to my list....This is such a good post Maywyn-and I do know what you're talking about. Isn't it wonderful that we can remember those childhood moments when our minds were so open to creativity-or an awareness that we could do something!? I remember those creative moments, but a big one for me was when I discovered I could read! Long sentences-big words-it was an epiphany. I went to the big kids library at school and looked for the thickest book on the shelf. I could hardly carry it. My big brother said, "If you need help reading it-I'll help you." He didn't make fun of me. How wonderful that he just understood the grand thing I had discovered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debra,
      I receive your Monnie Bean Folk Art posts via email.
      I love your new Lady Series cards. Thank you for sharing a wonderful memory about the library. You have a wonderful brother.

      Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated