15 October 2016

Squash and Lentil Soup Over Feta Cheese


Feta cheese is usually crumbled on top of my soup. Pouring the soup over the feta cheese is better when the hot soup warms up the cheese flavor!

I make my own easy squash soup updated in a 2 quart sauce pan.

One package of frozen squash until all melted; add 1 chopped large onion sauteed in olive oil; add a cup of water or less, two shakes of tarragon, few shakes of garlic powder, one shake of sage, and add a half cup of lentils. Simmer on very low until the lentils are cooked. Caution...squash does like to bubble.
I like my lentils al dente, just enough crunch for texture.
Adjust the soup to your tastes

Options: Black beans instead of lentils, fresh herbs, kale or baby spinach, and homemade croutons.

One of these days I'm going to add over the feta cheese a baked apple in the center, and then pour the hot soup over that. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm "eating down" the freezer for the annual Autumn Thaw, so a lot of things are getting added to the crockpot or soup kettle these days...this sounds like just my kind of soup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Quinn,
      I'm writing down the list of book recommends on your blog comments.
      I think this is the 3rd post about squash soup, like a yearly event.

      Have a Good Week!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome