11 October 2016

Painting: Corn Rows

Charming Corn Rows in October
At the edges of a field near the trees, somebody told me, a row of corn is sometimes left for the deer. There's a history element in those cut down corn stalks that, I feel, is an important part of autumn's personality. 
Corn field, acrylic, in progress. I don't have a photo of the finished painting.

Corn rows are usually not perfect. Yet, when I paint them I make them that way. I realize looking at the harvested  corn field as I'm taking pictures, I rather like the charm of the zig zag rows. The acrylic in progress painting is actually the view across the street from the corn field in the photograph. I'm feeling a theme here.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Maywyn - beautiful wip. Love your interpretation of the photograph. I agree cut corn fields do make one think of autumn. Please have a wonderful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,
      Thank you. The little acrylic finished and all a wall.
      Enjoy your Ohio Autumn Foliage!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated