19 October 2016

Keeping a Warm Heart During a Cold Winter

Not yet!
Remember that stuff (photo left)?

If the forecasts say cold, then I say no. I have the feeling the forecasts are right that it will be a cold winter 2016 - 2017. Brrr!

Yesterday the temperature outdoors was 80ºF here at this lower elevation in the Champlain Valley, Vermont side. I wore shorts and sandals all day. I sat on the patio for over an hour enjoying the heavy wind whip the clothes on the line dry. That morning I took the air conditioner in to let it dry out before cleaning and storing it away. I set up my painting space now that the air conditioner is out of the window. And that's when thoughts turn to winter.

My list for a warm heart indoors in winter:
Blackberry brandy
Hot chocolate, several brands
Cinnamon
Marshmallows
Fluffy comfy slippers
Leggings
Baggy fleece tops
Reading list
Photo folder to paint from
Dedicated arts and craft space
Spiffy pillowcases in a pictorial holiday and winter pattern
Pen, paper, envelopes, and stamps to write letters
Apples in the fridge to bake
Sweet pickle mix, cheeses, crackers, salami, and fudge for snack trays

Do you have favorite preparations for winter? A list of cheery things to do when the days are shorter and the air colder?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love your list. Hot chocolate and good books are on my list. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you Debbie
      Putting away summer clothes today, I found my favorite very thick socks I wear as an alternative to slippers. This season, I'm hunting for a special deer tee.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome