22 September 2016

No Photo of the Garter Snake

On the way home I stop to take photos of Otter Creek because I need to work on how to paint water in watercolors for the Canada Geese painting mentioned in the last post. I felt that voice of reason tell me to be careful of snakes in an area so close to water where the flora is thick and over grown. Down a truck rut path close enough, I stop to take pictures.
 
The flowers appear to be Rudbeckia laciniata, Herbsonne. I didn't check closer for a positive identification. Snake thing.

On the way back up the short trail, who slithers by but a huge common garter snake. Sorry, no photo. :)

Take care when out and about

2 comments:

  1. I hate snakes even though the snakes here are very small and completely harmless, I am still scared of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Loree,
      I use to be until I saw so many garter snakes they became kind of cute. The one yesterday slithered so much it was comical. Other snakes, however, I don't like. Have a good week-end!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting
Polite comments are welcome