07 April 2016

April 2016 Mammatus Clouds

Mammatus Cumulus Clouds Over Vergennes, Vermont, Addison County 7 April 2016

Wow! As soon as I saw the light outdoors begin to glow, I grab a camera to take pictures. There was a lot of rain and wind earlier. I thought maybe a break in the cloud cover for a rainbow. Getting my coat on with the lining not zipped was a joke. If it had taken a second longer, I would have done without a jacket. 
The cloud formations didn't last long as they were traveling at a good pace to the east northeast of my location.
Edited photo to show the rain falling from the clouds

6 comments:

  1. These are awesome! My daughter and I both (from different vantage points across the valley last week) caught sight of a rare funnel cloud over Las Vegas. I've always got my eyes on the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      Thank you. Funnel cloud! I'd be running for cover.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen clouds like that. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Loree, They aren't seen often. Have aa
    great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are awesome, so glad you capturedid them,love to you, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      Thank you. I love your new banner painting. Take care!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated