05 March 2016

A Tissue is a Tissue

Over 20 years ago I did a watercolor of a larger painting I planned to do. Twenty years. How many images are stored in an artist's brain? My brain holds at least a few dozen. Therefore, along with the finished every painting project (that's going well), I'll add a...Begin the Brain wants to paint paintings. After meh February, determination is the keyword for March. Last night, (bit bored being on the sofa nearly all afternoon), I began taking photographs of tissue. Its time the painting is done, (as its more than half way to canvas anyway). I've decided to take more photos of tissue, and add a linen handkerchief. The tissue pictures, I'm sad to say, are rather blah.
March, despite a nasty fall yesterday, will not be a repeat of last month. I'm very happy to be walking around without a limp, sore, but doing better than I feared. I learned there's a unique experience being too close for comfort to concrete that's difficult to describe. Brain freeze? Ego freeze? I'm not sure. I am sure that today include either a cannoli or strawberry shortcake. I smile.

Have a wonderful week-end!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you got your cannoli or strawberry shortcake. I would choose the latter because I love strawberries. Hope you're doing better after your fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loree,
    Strawberry and cool whip without the cake was wonderful. Thank you. I'm doing much better than expected.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey-sorry to hear about your fall! I have been intrigued by folded cloth-as far as painting it-and want to tackle that someday. I'd like to see how you do with your project...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      Painting cloth folds is an art lesson I've not been able to wrap my brain around in paint. Pencil sketching is easier for me than painting. Charcoal on paper eraser drawings also helps me learn how to draw contour fabric, and the easiest.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness Maywyn I am so glad you didn't break anything. Definitely you need to treat yourself to that cannoli or shortcake or maybe a bit of both :)! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      I kept thinking you are on vacation, and should be back by now. Your blog was mistakenly removed from my reading list during one of my organizing excursions. :) Glad I'm back. lol
      Thank you. I'm doing much better than I expected. I had strawberries and cool whip. :)

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated