Pages

Poetry

12 January 2016

Soup: Cauliflower & Lentil

Quick and Easy
Use fresh or frozen vegetables
Par boiled rice doesn't add starch stickiness

1       Cup cauliflower
1       Cup turnip greens
1/2   Cup dry lentils
1/2   Cup par boiled rice
1       Tablespoon dry onion flakes
2       Cubes chicken bullion
1/4   Teaspoon garlic powder

Put ingredients in a 2 quart saucepan and cover with water; stir a few times while simmering for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.

Add more hot water if needed or if you like croutons that will soak up most of the liquid
Suggestions:
Top with a few shakes of Parmesan cheese or shredded sharp cheddar cheese
In the soup bowl add a bed of baby spinach 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I will give this recipe a try, it also sounds easy to make. Perfect for these cold days! Thank you for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celia,
      The recipe is very easy to make. Its a good base for leftovers as well.

      Glad I found your blog again! I love your artwork. During my twice a year organizing, I lost a few regulars blogs that I follow.
      Have a Happy Week!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated