09 December 2015

Spinach and Home Fries


Making home fries with baked potato is my favorite way to cook them. Baked aren't as as mushy as boiled potatoes, and they crisp up better.
One morning, I didn't feel like reheating the leftover spinach in a sauce pan. Into the small iron fry pan the spinach goes. Stirring it around to capture the potato leftover bits, the reheat doesn't take long. The flavor to my surprise is fantastic.

Update 10 December 2015
Small amount of French style green beans with a dab of mashed potato...tried it this morning...Wonderful!

6 comments:

  1. FABULOUS idea! I WILL be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      Squeeze out most of the water from the spinach before adding to the (greasy) pan, and spread it out quickly or else the water and oil will splatter.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to try it too. Didn't know that baking potatoes fried better...Also-I love your fashion choices-as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      I bake extra potatoes to leave in the fridge overnight, and then use them for home fries.
      I didn't realize the high cost of the leggings when I put them in the set. They are gorgeous. The dog with the antlers reminds me of "The Grinch that Stole Christmas," with Jim Carrey, directed by Ron Howard. The dog in the film is adorable.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a lovely simple supper dish with an egg. And I have a pack of spinach in the fridge. One problem solved for today, then :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny,
      I'm looking at leftover veggies outside of tossing them in soup.
      Happy Cooking!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated