08 December 2015

Slimming Down


The domain name market, where you lease a name on the Internet by paying yearly for a company to host the Internet space for you use to be a brighter option than I feel it is today. Buying available domain names is easy. Selling them is not.
Godaddy is the best place, in my opinion (and hope), to sell because they are a big company that handles the transaction. If you have a name you want to buy the domain name for it can take time searching the Internet to find out where it is, and who to contact to buy the name. If the name is a private registration, then contact the host listed on WHOIS on the ICANN registry.
There are domain names that have sold for millions. I'm guessing more that don't sell at all. I believe they are only worth what you pay each year for hosting, and whatever a person is willing to pay to buy them from you. If you believe in a name you own, then I say don't let it go cheap with the full understanding it may sit there for years and never sell. However, one day somebody might want that for a brand name or for their pet, start a blog, make dog booties, and become a millionaire. Back to reality...

I will be selling a few domain names I have on Godaddy Auctions as well as make offer feature on going until the end of the first quarter of 2016. I've been there a year,  listing rarely with no sales or even one offer. At present quartzie.com is on a 7 day auction. In the search box enter the domain name with extension to bring up the listing. My prices aren't low. I look at it this way...I'm too poor to sell cheap, and I don't own a dog.


Update...None have sold that I've listed on Godaddy auctions.


 This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are mine without compensation.

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting. And a bit of a coincidence. I was just looking at a domain name I bought ages ago and don't really need any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,
      The yearly fee for Godaddy Auctions is very reasonable. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with the domain name.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated