10 December 2015

Holiday Decorating: Paper Trees


During the holidays try to make a decoration using you hands like you did when you were a kid in school. After the Paper Star, I saw a 3D paper evergreen tree on Pinterest that I just had to hunt down a visual instruction for because the photographs didn't work for me.
On YouTube I found the video by Tuteate, How to Make a 3D Paper Xmas Tree (DIY Tutorial). I suggest watching the video a few times before you try to making one. You can stop and start the video in the sections that are more difficult like the folding in and out part. Note, the folding of the cut places is on a slant.
It took me a few tries to make the paper tree in the photograph posted here. I wasn't sure what I was doing, but confident it looks like the video...I began folding the cut sections.
The trees in the background are the conventional multiple cut out type that are easy to make as long as you remember to leave a hinge between the shapes. There are a lot of different  paper ornaments on YouTube and the Internet that you can try from difficult like this tree, to easy like the string of trees in the background.

Happy Paper Cutting!

6 comments:

  1. They look very pretty and the ones in the back are worth a try. I don'y think I will have the patience for the 3D tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree,
      There won't be a lot of 3D trees around here. I'm surprised I made one. lol
      I'm trying snowflakes next.
      Have a wonderful week-end!

      Delete
  2. Wow, they are lovely, you did a gorgeous job. Love Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      I wish I could be at the art show. Have a great time!
      Thank you. I'm going to call the 3D tree my miracle tree as in its a miracle I made one. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the internet for this very reason. I can call up just about anything and find a video how-to. These are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Tanya,
      I hope you are having a fun week-end.
      Its like spring here, like a mild Nevada winter. :)
      I had lunch outdoors, cleaned up the deck, and put wire hanging baskets over the tiny rose and irises. They're a little greenhouse with plastic over them when it gets cold.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated