18 October 2015

Sunday Photograph

Sunset and the Herd of Cows, digital photo

The photo on the right was taken one summer sunset evening when I stopped on the side of a back country road.  I didn't get out of the car because the light wasn't good enough for feel safe.
 One of the most endearing aspects of cows is how they will line up along a fence just to watch you. Their attitude might appear to be inquisitive, friendly, and/or glad to see you. Its a want to hug them all moment, but not because some of them can be frisky as in might bite, and surely slobber you.
As I was writing a list of  photos to paint from, I realize this year I don't have any cow pictures. So while it is summer for that herd, artistic license will have them traveling into autumn 2015.

10 comments:

  1. It looks l ike it was a beautiful sunset. I like how cows get so curious and come closer to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday Loree!
      Its hilarious sometimes the way cows stand together and stare.

      Delete
  2. I see a wonderful painting unfolding from the phototgraph Maywyn. You have the perfect light, anything is possible and what's not to love about cows. You must! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday Jeanne!
      I'll be indoors painting today. The morning frost feels like today is the real first day of fall.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photo-can't wait to see what you do with all the photos you're collecting. The tree painting is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra
      I found my watercolor paper (surprisingly) where I thought it was. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful scene. The sky is gorgeous and with these sweet bovine in the forefront makes the most peaceful scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      The time of days is just the whisper between sunset and dark.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE cows...lots of good things to see on your blog today, my friend. I have been working on finishing up some shop samples for a store I teach at, and have missed a lot of blogging the past two weeks! Keep up the fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      Your posts are always fantastic no matter when.
      Happy Blogging!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated