01 October 2015

Corn Husk Doll

I believe the traditional corn husk doll construction is easier than figuring a how to on one's own. My brain was noisily begging for hot glue. No. I will use what I have. Enter needle and thread.
Painting on a face at this stage, I think, will remove the primitive aspect of the doll. She will have curly corn husk hair. I'm going to give her a basket of yarn to hold. The toile fabric was difficult to attach. And, Tada! She will have a jacket to wear as well as a crochet scarf. There's a lot more work to this than I anticipated. I see wardrobe...


Happy October!

8 comments:

  1. She is sweet-I love the skirt, and can't wait to see the finished doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      I bought new needles to finish the clothes. I think the sewing needle I was using must have been scraped on a rock its so dull.

      Delete
  2. Oh Maywyn she is truly going to be lovely-will be looking forward to seeing her finished. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Debbie,
      Thank you. I'm anxious to finish her as well. Tomorrow I'll be going through fabric scraps. That's always fun.

      Delete

  3. looks like you are having a lot of fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Quinn,
    Beautiful photos on your Wordless Wednesday post
    The fun is unexpected. Tonight I decided to use up polymer clay to make her a pair of boots.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see she's been blog reading, too! How much fun I've missed here, with all the comings and goings that have kept me from blogland. What a cute little doll she is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya
      Reminds me I need to get started on her boots before the first frost hits around here.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated