10 August 2015

A Basic Wrap Filling

You can make the filling to use in wraps, bread or as a salad base. It can be added to pasta, tuna, or even broth. For one person or a dozen wraps depending on how much filling you  use.
1 Large carrot diced
1 Large onion diced
1/2 Red pepper diced
1/2 Small cabbage chopped
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Garlic powder to taste
1 Teaspoon cumin powder
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Lightly Saute ingredients or use as is
I keep mine in fridge for no more than a day for freshness.
Options:
Washed and drained chick peas or black beans
Feta Cheese, Bean sprouts, spinach, shredded zucchini
                 
Suggestion: Sturdy wraps, flour tortillas or make your own egg roll dough.
If you use rice wraps, then prepare according to directions. Baking in the oven, from my first experience using rice wraps, doesn't go well, especially if you leave them in too long. Think gum chewy wraps.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this-I'm writing down your recipe-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      I make this fairly often adding different ingredients for variety. Last night I made diced cucumber, tomato, parsley, feta cheese, and fine chopped pecans for a quick snack. I'm amazed how good it was.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated