14 May 2015

Nightmares, Pollen and Aromatherapy

Allergies. Sinus headaches. Nightmares. Heart palpitations increase when I take an allergy pill. Toughing it out is now the rule. I woke up today thinking I'll end this blog, blah my way through, and see what happens.
Back to reality...Accuweather.com gives a good display of the New England pollen count and weather. The stats are showing low for 14 May 2015. Consider keeping track of how the air is in your area when air quality is impacted by pollen to help manage allergy issues.

But what of the nightmares? Not sleeping well during allergy flare ups doesn't sound far fetched. If aromatherapy can be tolerated, then a bit of lavender scent in the air to relax might be helpful. Whatever powers the cycles of perfume preferences, this year it brings me to lavender, candles, soap, and the hunt for a good spray that lasts. Essential lavender oil is on the shopping list.  Bayberry for a daytime pick me up aroma is also a favorite.

Do you have a favorite help sleep or pick me up scent?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, May - so sorry you're under the weather with allergies. I suffer, also...for the past several (OK, five at least) years, I've been relying on Kenalog shots, as mine are THAT bad. I've been missing on the blogging scene this past week and a half due to painting and re-doing a room. Glad that's done! Happy, free-breathing Thursday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tanya,
      Sorry to hear you have allergy problems. It seems like each year in this area the pollen gets worse. Still, I wouldn't give up seeing the beauty of flowers.
      Happy Breathing to You!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you're having problems with allergies-no fun. I do love the scent of lavender, and plan to buy a few plants soon-maybe today. Hope you feel better and have sweet dreams!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debra,
      Sweet Dreams to you!

      Delete
  3. I am trying to balance over-the-counter allergy pills in a way that allows me to sleep at night and breathe during the day. Sometimes it seems to work pretty well, but I've learned from experience that many of the OTC and the prescriptions alike produce more side effects than help, which sounds like your experience as well. And everything here becomes covered in pollen if it stands still long enough...
    I hope your allergies give you a break soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Quinn,
      Good luck finding your balance with allergy OTC. I find researching on the Internet sometimes helps.
      As for sleeping, having strawberries as a late night snack helps me snooze better. I have no idea why.
      Have a restful week-end!

      Delete
  4. Maywyn I hope you are sleeping better soon. I use benedryl to help me sleep. I know I shouldn't but sleep helps deal with the days. 2-3 of them. We have the orange blossom blooming here too. The backyard smells wonderful.. love to you, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diana,
      Thank you. Sleeping hasn't been a problem. I've been sleeping longer hours more times this month than I have in a year.
      Oh my, orange blossoms smell so beautiful! Its a perfect shrub to plant in the woods. Have a fantastic week-end painting Beauregard the owl.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated