02 May 2015

Flower Moon of May and Photography

Waxing Gibbous 97% Full
7:32 PM Eastern Time
Vergennes, Vermont

May is the Flower Moon according to the Farmer's Almanac. 

Last night clouds are slowly passing over the Moon as this blogger tried to take a clear photograph, while saying over and over...Use the tripod!  Tonight for sure...tripod.




On the ground at a coffee stop, the distant mountains in spring under a heavy cloud cover capture one's attention. The view is in New Haven, Vermont looking southeast towards the Green Mountains that are a bit (methinks) north of the Middlebury Snow Bowl.

This year I'm selecting objects and locations to photograph and return to for comparison photos, time of day, light, season and such.
Do you have photography project goals?

4 comments:

  1. I love comparison photos (your mountains are beautiful, May). I actually got the chance to photograph a cactus that I just posted, in full bloom - and the same one just a week later, with no blooms. I really do need to invest in a good tripod, too, but your moon photo is gorgeous, my friend. Happy Sunday - hope your week is filled with wonderful photo ops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      I love your cactus photographs! Makes me want a cactus plant in the house. They are easy on the allergies.
      Thank you. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I take photos to paint from. I'm not so good at it but cropping helps. Love to you Maywyn, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      Lovely class you had recently. I hope you consider a video some day.
      May just began and here its already a week nearly gone by, and I still haven't chosen photos to paint watercolors from. sigh

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated