09 April 2015

The Long Scream & Ice Cream

It begins when you hear the news a love one is hurt. It doesn't stop until sometime after they've healed. Slight or serious whether the love one is five or fifty, its there. Yesterday, when the operation news came through, this blogger created a mindscape of a routine doctor's appointment to cope. Not. While the operation is to repair broken bones, this mind only hears...My baby! Two hours of sleep. Me, not the patient. Its no wonder the phone didn't ring  until they were on the way home from the ER (when it first happened). There are some things than can be dealt better than others. One shouldn't be too judgemental about their skill to cope.
The Heart Bird, digital photo.©Maywyn

Questioning yourself about whether or not you're a wimp, a cry baby, a weak person is a waste of time.  Feeling tensed up when a love one is hurt is normal. There are times when the emotions will overwhelm you. Share. Talk with others. Read a nifty magazine while the long scream goes on. You are heard in this universe we all share.

For an artist, sketching can be calming. Instead of eating to soothe, pick up a subject you've been meaning to learn how to draw better.
This artist needs work on learning how to foreshorten better. Right away my brain voice says...They're putting pins in his arm!
Maybe ice cream isn't such a bad idea, and some "Gilmore Girls" reruns. 

8 comments:

  1. I had pins once Maywyn, I hope he is ok. I broke my elbow long ago. It is working fine now. I'm trying to reassure you he'll be ok, but you are right it's good to let it out. ... and sketching helps to numb me or painting. ... better than reading the same page again and again--I've tried that too.... Repeating they will be fine and deep breathes. You are a loving person. Sending you a big hug and much love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      Thank you. Hugs back at you
      I put effort into not going out to buy ice cream. Instead, I did laundry. lol

      Delete
  2. There is NO person that can TOTALLY cope with that, I don't care WHAT they tell you! And a Mom never stops worrying. Love to you, my deeply caring friend - healing thoughts to your "baby", and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      Thank you. So true. I think Mom is the nickname for worry. :)
      Its been a quiet afternoon watching television after doing laundry.

      Delete
  3. I say "whatever makes you feel better" is the way to go - whether it's ice cream or watching 10 episodes of an old television series on YouTube or any other way of dulling the "scream" while some time passes. Take care :)
    p.s. My chiropractor had pins in her arm last year, and she recovered completely from her injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn,
      I shutter to think what doctors did before pins were invented to mend bones. Medicine is more miracle today than ever.
      Have a great combing your goats week-end!

      Delete
  4. Dear Maywyn-I so sympathize with you. It is so hard to stay calm when someone we love is hurting. Hope he is alright. I will be looking up! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      I pray for your good mending still. Bones take time to heal
      The kid is doing great. I'm ok as well. lol

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated