26 February 2015

Thinking About Summer?

A picture of an old pair of favorite painting shorts hanging on the line under a sunny blue sky feels better than looking at winter landscapes.
The winter woes are in a rut, bogged down by ice and snow. I think of melting ice creams cones, sandals, and thunderstorms (instead of crocus and leaf bud spring). For artists selling, this is the time of year to be creating for the autumn and holiday seasons. For article writers, the season is six months into sun bright August. For those of us that sew, creating a summer clothes is a way to lift one's spirits in winter (leaving room for alterations/shedding pounds). I'm even thinking about reading humorous comic books!

What are you thinking about to brighten up your winter?

8 comments:

  1. DEAR MAYWYN - I AM SO GLAD SOMEONE ELSE IS DREAMING ABOUT SUMMER. I DON'T WANT TO WISH LIFE AWAY BUT A SUMMER DAY SOUNDS GREAT. HAVE A LOVELY ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Ha, we skip right over spring! Pretend this is spring and before we know it, summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh..Summer...it is good to dream....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee,
      Love your Memories post today!

      Delete
  4. Summer seems so far away but we can dream. I was cheered up by a wonderful shop isplay of seeds. A garden full of colours and scents . I ended up buying lots of old fashioned scented varieties for my sister and me. So we can enjoy bunches all summer. And yes salads to grow is a great idea for summer, back to that seed display.
    Hope your keeping dreaming of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Milly,
      Old fashion scents yes! That's a wonderful direction to take with plants. I look forward to your drawings.
      I'm looking for different this year, a variety that are dream inspiring for a light and cheery summer.

      Delete
  5. I was actually thinking of pulling out some sewing this week, myself. Of course, we are not anywhere near as cold as the rest of the country, but looking forward to Spring, all the same! I will be painting (WALLS) in the near future, too...clean, freshly painted walls make me happy, too. Happy Tuesday, my friend - XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tanya,
      I hope our Dad is doing well. Happy Wall Painting!
      Today I saw flocks of robins and heard and seen all sorts of bird activity. Does a heart good to see spring in action.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated