27 November 2014

Thank you

Yew Tree, 1888, V. Van Gogh
Thank you to all of you
I greatly appreciate your visit and comments.

Vincent Van Gogh can make a tree dance on canvas.
I thought I had seen all of them until viewing this Yew on Pinterest. His art is among those I am grateful for. Blogging is an experience of discovery that I'm also grateful for.
Learning. Developing. Growing as an artist from the roots of this one tree. Amazed, I promised myself to find a tree that will be mine, just like the yew is Van Gogh's tree.








And here it is... a lone American Chestnut tree.


Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Maywyn - just catching up on all your posts. I have never seen this painting before - it is beautiful. I think you have chosen a great tree for your own. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Hope your Thanksgiving was fantastic.
      Same here, first time I saw this painting was on Pinterest. Afterwards, I look at trees wondering where he got the blue. Then I realize its the lichen on the tree.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated