08 October 2014

October Views

Are you a window person? Do you need a view from your desk or chair to see outdoors in order for you to feel comfortable?
October's foliage colors can be seen from the new window in my apartment. Of all the changes done, this window is my favorite. As a kid back in the 1950s, people chatted with neighbors, enjoyed the weather and life at their sills. I grew up being a window person. I look out day and night by habit. Last night, the clouds covered the lunar eclipse.
October View
The piles of books are still being sorted. The fabric is next. There are cabinets and spaces to put things that are empty because I want to be sure what goes there.
Its also time for blog clean up, revert to draft posts, unfollow, add follows. Its when I usually lose a blog or two in the process. For the next year I'll be following private more, and posting less until after the holidays.

Enjoy Your October View

8 comments:

  1. I have torn down most of the interior walls in my tiny hut, and have so many windows there is almost no wall against which to place furniture or build a closet. It's worth it to me, as I can see out in three directions from most spots in the house. And what I see is trees, either leaves or branches, all year round.
    I hope you won't lose Comptonia in your blog-tidying...I always love your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn,
      Thank you. Your goat adventures are good for cheer me up times. A goat cuddling in your lap is precious. I laugh every time I think of that photo.

      Delete
  2. Ah, what good things I miss when I don't MAKE the time to sit and read...I am truly a window person, but alas, the view here in the desert is fairly dismal. I love my parents house back in CO...BIG picture window facing the mountains. HEAVY sigh! Happy Friday, May - XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      Consider creating your view with sculpture, rock garden, and/or something the billows in the wind that you can see from your window.
      Have a great week-end!

      Delete
  3. Dear Maywyn - I am certainly a window person - like to fix my studio table in front of a window that overlooks the front yard (woods). I see squirrels, chipmunks, and all kinds of critters and of course birds. I am so glad your new renovation included a wonderful window for you. When you get done sorting and putting away - could you please stop by and help me do the same (:!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Help? I'd love to but, I'd have to move to Ohio to help you based on the speed I'm going here with putting things away. Every time I clear a space, in no time its filled with other stuff. lol
      Have a great week-end!

      Delete
  4. I miss my windows. As a child the neighbor kids would stop by and if I could not go out we would chat through the screen. Since moving into this apartment I only have window's facing North. It is a nice view...but I have no idea what is going on around me unless I step outside. The more windows the merrier...I am happy you got one for your apartment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dee,
      I am sorry you don't have a front hang out window.
      Happy New Carpet!
      Someday, with prayer, there might be a place to put a small window in your apartment.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated