11 October 2014

Fall Foliage

This long Columbus Day week-end here in Vermont the fall foliage is at peak. Its leaf peeping at its best.
Rain is forecast on Monday. Not a problem, as I see it because rain is an important part of the autumn emotion. Rain pulls us inside. Sun pulls us outside. Inside, there's coffee, food, and people to chat with having breakfast at a local diner or lunch at a cozy restaurant.
What else does this season bring? Thoughts about hot chocolate, coffee, flavored teas, socks, sweaters, body lotion, thermal underwear, boots, hats, leather gloves, umbrellas, sand and shovel in the vehicle, extra windshield washer, good windshield wipers, snow tires, clean chimney wood, batteries, flashlights, comforters, vitamins, hand sanitizer on the console, purse, backpack, and pocket, tissue, cough drops, good books, good  movies, and soup.

Have a Fantastic Week-end!

10 comments:

  1. Don't forget the candles! I'm about to place my annual candle order ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Quinn! Candles for sure.
      Wow, my brain is scrambled this week to forget candles. I just sorted my collection the other day.

      Delete
  2. A warm, fuzzy post-I need to get out my slippers and a good book, with a huge mug of chocolate on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debra, slippers added to the list.
      Speaking of mug of chocolate...two bags of marshmallows in discount basket...I bought both.
      Last week I was tortured by two cannoli discounted to twenty-five cents each. lol

      Delete
  3. Everything I miss by living in the desert (including the old graveyard) is here...gorgeous fall colors, and RAIN! You have a fantastic weekend, too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya,
      The desert from what I remember has some pretty neat cemeteries. Read the October issue of Yankee magazine for a mega dose of New England autumn. The website is also gorgeous.
      A great week-end to you!.

      Delete
  4. What beautiful autumn color, May.
    I truly believe that Vermont is one of the most magical places to be in autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      Largest amount of sugar maples in the country makes Vermont's foliage unique.
      My heart is always in Massachusetts just the same. :)

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful photo! But your to-do list for the coming cold weather makes me sigh... It seems like we just got over cold weather, and now it's coming again. Add flu shot to the list, too. The one thing I AM looking forward to is having the fireplace going in the evenings, and drinking hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Katherine.
    I'm still thinking ancient symbols after ready your last blog post.
    Flu shot is going on the list. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated