06 September 2014

The Sunflower Squirrel

There aren't many squirrels seen around since the huge weeping willow tree was cut down, and even fewer after the hedgerow was removed. There I was sitting on the deck enjoying the weather when  movement several yards away draws my attention. A bird? A rather large bird? No! Its a Squirrel! I ran in and grabbed a camera. As I got closer, the Sunflower stopped to stare at me, and then ran down the stem. A few shots are of squirrel parts. I like to imagine she's the the grown up baby squirrel I helped that fell out of the willow last spring.

Sunflower Squirrel, ©2014 MFlannery
Laptop ongoing learning:
-Write down where things like the control are found
-Watch out for hitting Caps Lock
-Titled open screen has  sharper and more defined images.
-Background color is pink up w/ screen upright, ecru when tilted back
-Ctrl + 0 will bring screen font size back to default

I haven't dared yet to use the laptop without the charger plugged in.

Baby Squirrel Temporary Home,©2014 MFlannery

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this latest squirrel update...I'd like to think it's your baby squirrel, too. Brave girl on the laptop...I haven't made the jump, because I'm afraid it would make it too easy to be on the computer more than I am. Happy weekend, May! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya,
    I think of you as a strong person that wouldn't be intimidated by laptop, cautious, but fearless.
    I'm on the computer system less on the laptop. Using a mouse is heaven compared to using the touch pad. The huge positive is having a back up system.
    Happy Week-end to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      Happy Monday!
      Thank you. Its nice to look back at the baby photos. lol

      Delete
  4. Dear Maywyn - this is a super picture. I have never seen a squirrel on top of sunflowers. Made me smile my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Thank you. Keep a watch out for squirrels in sunflowers. I was surprised to see it as well, thinking it was a bird. :)

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated