07 August 2014

August Moon 2014

6 August 2014 Moon, 9:03 PM EST, Vergennes, Vermont
The current Moon phase is 85% Waxing Gibbous.  August is the Sturgeon Moon, a fish that's best caught this month (or was?).

August is also a time that can be associated with county fairs. Since my mother passed away many years ago, I'm  not  much interested in such large gatherings. I realize from those feelings seasonal memory clocks, our personal paths phase over us as we age. And I believe, that like the Moon, those small eras can have their own names. My years between 9 and 12 I can call the Summer Moon. Teen years...the The $#%@ Moon. For sure 1971 is the Far Out! Moon or Is There Really a Moon? Earth's only satellite in my 40ishness, I think of as This (aging) Is Not Happening To Me Moon. The present phase of my life is the Gorgeous Moon, and will be until I pass away because now, Nature is all about beauty and appreciating every day.

I hope you have fun names for your Life phases.

4 comments:

  1. "The $#%@ Moon" Oh my goodness, I LOVE this, May!!
    It seems to me, that The Gorgeous Moon is the perfect place to be.
    Enjoy every moment of it.

    P.S. What a fantastic image this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      Thank you and welcome
      Your photographs are always a pleasure to view. The photo of your son's silhouette will always be a favorite of mine. The Moon this time of year appears clearer in the New England sky for picture taking.

      Delete
  2. Love this - when I return here from vacations home, I appear to be in a BLUE moon phase. :-) Hope today is one of those Gorgeous Moon days for you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      Reading your blog is always a Happy Moon. :)
      Vacation Moons would be nice to have throughout the year.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated