08 June 2014

Thoughts About Blogging

     I haven't kept track how many times of the year I think about not blogging anymore. Is the sign off good bye a seasonal thing? A mood? Allergies? Does when even matter? I start off pre-writing with thanking the regulars with all my heart for their loyal support, their fantastic hearts and souls. I deeply appreciate them all including the few who post a courtesy comments. Then I go on thinking of my time investment supporting other blogs versus the reward...Huh....its not about reward...wait...does it make sense to support blogs that don't email or post comments here...haven't I posted about this before...I have....If issue keeps turning up, then maybe it is time for change...oh dear me I sound like a broken record.
     Taking time to question why you blog or do anything is process. When the same issue rises up, it may not be to signal change as much as it means pay more attention to how you are doing what you are doing.
     The last few weeks have been a sort of slow down for me. And as I do, the visitor count slows down as well. If I don't read  you, then you don't read me thing combined with not posting interesting stuff more often. Posts that are interesting/give information have much higher visitor/reader counts. It appears to be obvious the best course to follow is to post only interesting information, stop reading so many other blogs, and comment when it contributes information. The posts here will be much less in number, but higher in content. I hope you stick around.
"Wheels On Track," digital photograph color edit

8 comments:

  1. Hi Maywin~I do know what you are talking about-so well!!! I decided a long time ago to just post when I felt like it and when I got inspired about something. I used to care so much about getting visitors and so forth....truly, I am getting kinda tired of the computer thing as a whole-it seems like everyone's life is lived looking at some electronic screen-I think that's sad and awful. I'm glad for the friends I have made via my blog, Etsy, and being able to stay in touch easily with email, but I can say except for the friendships, computers have not enriched my life at all-in fact, as far as security goes-who knows how scared we'd be if we really knew who was watching us??? Ug, I don't know, there's something pretty awful about it all, but I guess if I get to the point where I'm totally disgusted, I will just turn it all off for good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debra,
      I recently read an article about the end of blogs. Its so long and dated I kept clicking on. Blogging use to be like this one or a small business, and then the media began blogging more. Its like every journalist, politician, etc., is now a blogger. Social media gives folks a quick hello I'm included. The world of blogs like ours has so much fantastic art, many female bloggers, oodles of great interior design, DYI, fashion, that its developing its own island in the big blog ocean. Esty.com for sure helps that along.
      Please don't unplug! You'll be greatly missed if you do.

      Delete
  2. Dear Maywyn - I am so sorry I haven't been around to visit as much...between vacation and garden I have been running behind in my regular visits. Please keep blogging I so enjoy blogging with you. You always have such interesting things to share. I would so miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Happy welcome back from vacation! You have been missed. I'm glad you had a restful time away.
      Presently, I'm researching and gathering links for a blog subject I'll be posting mid week, sooner if I finish tomorrow. Already I've lost the two links I had. lol

      Delete
  3. I think we are all just becoming relaxed bloggers as I think we should be...not making it a have to do project..I am down to once a week and am still blessed to have my blogger friends visit. I may post again this week as I have some back road wandering photo's to share. I do not expect people to visit me just because I visit them.....I just happen to have some blogs I enjoy and look forward to reading such as yours. I am not a potter but I am intrigued by it and admire your creativity. I have blogging in my blood now and would miss it if I quit. I hope you will continue but go with your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee,
      I love your back road photographs. You have a good eye for the unusual, fund, and beautiful.
      Reading my regular blog list is like checking the weather report to see how the world is doing. I'd been lost without reading blogs. I think you are right about being relaxed bloggers.

      Delete
  4. Summers are always so busy for everyone. I know, especially for me, my blog goes to hell in the summer, especially - I just got back from a two week trip, and leave again next week for three. Blog for YOU, dear Maywyn...the readers will be there - you need to please no one but yourself. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tanya,
    Great words! Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated