30 May 2014

Handy Gifts: Mini Terra Cotta Pots


Mini Terra Cotta Pots (2" and 2.3")
They were there at a yard sale. The price is right. I bought them, dirt, cobwebs and all. I scrubbed them clean, and put them away until the other day when I began painting them to use as gifts.

Carefully sand rough spots. Paint with acrylics; 1 inch on the top inside; seal the exterior. 
Cover the drain hole with a plastic. Fill with moist potting moist soil, add a seedling, and plant tag pack of flower seeds or...

Fill with candy and wrap in clear plastic or...



Make a topiary with a bamboo skewer in plaster Paris. Decorate a Styrofoam ball with tiny fabric roses or attach a vintage brooch as the flower. Cover the opening with sphagnum moss or fabric flowers.


8 comments:

  1. looks like a fun project....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee,
    It is fun and relaxing to paint little pots. I think sometimes we need simply things to have fun. Have a great week-end with lots of happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely little pots and gifts. Any gardener would love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeri,
      Thank you. Talk about love...your photos of the peafowl chicks are cuter than a litter of pups and kittens!

      Delete
  4. Your pots are so nice..Thanks for sharing it..
    Book Printing in Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aleena
      They are fun to paint.

      Delete
  5. I miss out on SO much blog reading when I travel during the summer...catching up here, this morning. These are darling - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      Travel is good!
      Thank you. I over filled 3 w/ plaster, and they have tiny cracks. They are still usable though, with their cut branches waiting for styrofoam balls.
      You aren't alone. I've been reading blogs and still have to catch up. I read a blog and then end up someplace else forgetting to finish reading the other blogs. Its like checking my email, reading the news, and then clicking out without reading my email. lol

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated