26 February 2014

William Merritt Chase

William Merritt Chase
Landscape: Shinnecock Long Island
c. 1896, oil on panel, 14.3" x 16.1"


Chase is my favorite artist to lift the winter spirits. I imagine the ladies picking blueberries. Another nice thought is a group of blogging folks to dress up, hats and all, for a plein air painting session on a charming New England shore. I think...Hats! And immediately want to rush to look at fabrics and trim.

Wait...do I hear seagulls?

Public Domain Photos See Wikiart.org

4 comments:

  1. That's a really fun idea - to get together with other artists and have an outing based on the painting. Maybe you really should try to get it together with a local group....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny,
      Good idea. Is been ages since I've put together an art gathering. I'll look for paintings of the area. Have a wonderful day

      Delete
  2. I love that idea...perhaps I will share it with my art guild group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee,
      I spent a few hours yesterday writing up a group list of places to paint. I found the park and recreation and local attractions list the best locations. Have fun!

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated